I take it back

I've never really been overly concerned about project monogamy - I knit what I want, for the most part, and usually the desire to have a finished thing keeps me from ending up surrounded by things in various stages of completion. Well, that and needle availability. But with this in mind, it's perhaps not surprising that my eagerness to see how my handspun knits up pushed me into casting on with it on Saturday night, despite the fact that I have two other socks - both second socks too, and destined for other people - sitting here just waiting for some quality time.

I didn't get very far Saturday night - only managed about twenty minutes, so cast on and worked a few rounds.

Then yesterday, I still don't think I spent tons of time with it, but had some good solid chunks of time to devote to it. And yeah, remember how I said that there were some stretches of yarn that I thought fell on the ugly side?

I can't believe I ever thought that. I am smitten. Somehow I made the whole foot and heel yesterday - I took that picture this morning before really starting my day. The fabric is fairly dense, so the socks are on the thick side, not sure if they'll be super comfortable inside of tighter-fitting shoes, but I'm totally fine with having them as house socks, or the socks I toss into my bag for travelling - I don't like the idea of going barefoot through the security check at airports, so if I'm wearing sandals, I keep socks in my bag to slip on if they want me to take off my shoes. I also like to slip socks on if I'm visiting someone so I'm not presuming they're okay with me being barefooted in their house. (Not everyone is! And it's really uncomfortable to become aware of that when you're sitting there with your exposed feet and no way to solve the problem.) I realize that neither of these concerns is really a thing at the moment, but some day we'll be able to travel again, right?

I wonder how part 2 is going to knit up...

Comments