Motivation

 Behold, my June socks - still not done, but getting closer, honest.


I have six more pairs to go for SSP 2020 - think I'm gonna make it? We're pretty much at the end of September here. I know which yarn I want to use for July, but that's it. At one point I had been entertaining the idea of using entirely Canadian-dyed yarns for this year-long stockinette sock factory, but I'm not so sure. I have some other yarn that I'm thinking I'd like to play with.

Plus, this morning I discovered I was having some warm feelings about using up some remnant yarns. Possibly due to the recent discovery that our fridge is acting up - the top shelf isn't as cool as the other shelves, which suggests that one of the fans that normally circulates cold air throughout the fridge is not doing its job. We are officially out of our extended warranty period (by, like, almost a year now), which means getting a tech out to look at it and fix it will cost money, and it's entirely possible that the solution will actually be "get a new fridge" - we had a tech out in early 2019 to try to fix the ice maker (under warranty), and he indicated that if we were to suffer additional failures, the best solution would be to just get a new fridge. We've only been using this one for just over five years! Aren't fridges supposed to last longer than that?

Anyway. The desire to knit from remnants might be related to the idea of possibly dropping a big chunk of cash on a new appliance in the near future.

It is getting colder, though, and I'm wearing socks on the daily again. Also, I feel a whole lot like knitting these days. Which would be great if I didn't need my hands for work-related typing!

Comments