K'done: more plain socks

Boom baby!



Yarn: SUBCULTURE Yarn SW Merino Nylon Fingering, in Black Pearl
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1



So when I posted last night, I wasn't super confident I'd get these done within the month of March. But it turned out I got a goodly chunk of knitting time, and I put it to good use - by the time I was wanting to get ready for bed, the foot was done, and I was beginning the toe decreases, and then I got the toe decreases done after I was ready for bed but not quite ready to sleep. This morning, all that was left was for me to kitchener the toe shut!

Again, these are just plain stockinette socks worked over 64 sts, though I experimented with a few things. I changed up the way I did the slip stitch for the heel, to create a diagonal pattern, which I mirrored across the two socks - couldn't get a good picture while wearing the socks, but I liked the result, so maybe I'll slam it into some sister socks and be able to get well-modeled shots of those at some point in the future. I also changed up my gusset decreases, placing them at the bottom of the foot, where the heel flap meets the sole stitches.



I'll be experimenting with this some more on future pairs.

Finally, I snuck in a little surprise detail for me.



Look Sora! A lucky emblem!

Well. It's not the easiest thing to see - I just did some quick scribbling on a scrap of paper in the name of creating a chart for a Hidden Mickey rendered in purls. We played Kingdom Hearts 3 in January and February, and all that lucky emblem hunting did its inception magic on me. I only rammed one lucky emblem on one sock - its mate is fully plain. Truthfully? Once the sock is on, the lucky emblem is pretty horizontally distorted, and doesn't really bear much resemblance to a Hidden Mickey. But I know what it's supposed to be, and it still makes me smile.

And there you have it - another pair of stockinette socks for my drawer, and in a not-particularly-typical-for-me colourway to boot!

I think I've even settled on a decision for the April socks too. I reserve the right to make a last minute change, though.

Comments