Bad blogger

Hello there.

It's, erm, been a while, hasn't it?

Just as I was getting some good momentum built up, then I go and disappear completely from this blog for over a month. If anyone out there is reading this, I apologize. Things just got stupid crazy busy at the end of November, and though I didn't stop knitting, I found myself with a real shortage of time to sit down and blog about what I've been up to. I've wrapped up three or four projects since I was last here, but I never blogged them, and I'm honestly not sure if I'll ever get around to blogging them, because now that they're done, they're not really interesting anymore, y'know? I mean, yes, I like them, and I enjoy having the finished product to wear and use, but I no longer feel the urge to really discuss the items.

I successfully defended my thesis, and did up the required revisions for final submission. As of 15 December 2011, I have completed all requirements of my PhD program. I am finally. Done. With. School.

Once I wrapped the thesis up, I had to throw myself into the usual rush of final exams - lucky me, all four of my classes wrote their exams on the same day. In honesty, three of them would have done that anyway, since they were different sections of the same course, but tossing that fourth group into the mix meant that I had a really big pile of marking to tackle within three business days. And then, pretty much the moment after I hit the Submit button for final grade submission for the last group, I tossed a bunch of clothes into a suitcase and took off for a week in Las Vegas with Someone Else, his parents and brother, and my sister.

Oh, and I caught a cold while I was there, and overdid the shellfish (I learned on a trip to Boston a few years back that shellfish consumed several days in a row = bad news) and had a lovely allergic reaction (fever), followed by a near-fainting episode at the Sephora in the Miracle Mile Shops. That was embarrassing. They called security. I had to fill out a report. The security guy suggested that paramedics be called to check me out; I insisted that that was absolutely not necessary, and I was going to be fine. I wonder how many of them thought I was drunk?

Anyway. It's a new year, I'm almost back to normal again - still have some weird stuff going on with my sinuses - and now that there's no thesis hanging over my head, I should have time to pay attention to this blog, and also knit more to provide more fodder for this blog. Which is good, because, well, I like knitting, and as it turns out, I like talking about it like I have a clue too.

To start, though, I'm doing a bit of a self-imposed ban on further yarn acquisitions. I went a bit splurgy on a couple of sales at the tail end of last year, and I have to admit, there is more yarn kicking around this house than I'm really okay with. Someone Else has described the situation as excessive, and while I have pointed out to anyone who will listen that I don't yet have enough yarn to fill a room, or even a large shelving unit, I do have a fair bit, and I'd like to see some of this knit up before more makes its way in.

Besides, my Rav queue exploded, and there are lots of sweaters in there that I would like to add to my wardrobe. Gotta dress appropriately for work and all that.

Which is just fine, because I think I feel a sweater bug coming on.

Comments