K'done: Ester Shrug

I've been wearing it, so why has it taken me so long to take pictures of it?

(Pictures removed due to hosting issues - go to my Rav project page to see!)

And my pictures aren't even particularly good. 

Pattern: Ester, by Alice Bell Yarn: Knit Picks Gloss HW, in Mahogany Needles: 5.5 mm / US 9 I really like how this turned out - it knit up pretty quickly, I think I got it done in a week, the delay came in getting it blocked and then getting those little seams done up. I haven't worn it to work yet, but I did wear it to an office holiday party (with a little black skirt and little black tank top) and I also wore it on vacation in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago (with cords and other long sleeved sweaters) - it's really versatile, which makes it a fantastic addition to my collection. It is also surprisingly warm - I wouldn't have expected such a small garment to provide so much warmth. I don't ever wear it closed - I don't have a shawl pin. That being said, I think it might be a bit tight if I were to try to close it. I really like the way the shawl collar drapes at the back, though I do worry about that a bit when I have a coat on over top - I worry it's compressing it funny and stretching it all out. Depending on what I'm doing, sometimes it slips off one of my shoulders - hasn't been irksome yet, but others may have a lower tolerance for that sort of thing. I've also accidentally taken it off when removing my coat a couple of times.

All in all, I'm very pleased though, and I could see myself making another of these in a different colour. Maybe soon.  Well. Not that soon. I haven't got any more appropriate weight yarn, and I need to knit up some of the stuff that's been accumulating before I go purchasing more. Still. A definite win. I'm happy.

Comments