Recalculating

 A few years ago, I discovered the concept of test knitting, and was immediately intrigued. I started paying attention to designers whose work I admire, and when the opportunity arose, I volunteered.

Fast forward to now, and I have been a somewhat regular tester for a couple of designers, and have been having a really good time. Though I've had a couple of close calls on meeting the deadline, and one or two times where I've been a few days late on finishing.

Right now I'm working my way through two test knits - one I started at the beginning of January, and the deadline is 1 Feb. When I volunteered, it sounded like loads of time - it's a sweater, yes, but it's a big gauge sweater, 15 sts to 4". The sweater would practically fall off my needles when I wasn't looking.

So I've been putting in some rows here, not in any major rush, and I've been making good progress. Or, well, I thought I was. Yesterday I looked at the date and realized it was 20 Jan. That meant there wre only 11 more days left before 1 Feb.


That progress shot is where I was earlier today. (I've added some rows since that was taken.) It's a little over halfway through the body, which admittedly is the bulk of the knitting. But not as far along as I should have been by this point in the month. Especially when you consider that I still need to add the sleeves.

Yep. I'm on it, with a little more urgency now.


Comments