Still contemplating

I still haven't decided which yarn should be next in my never-ending sock production, so I finished the mate for an existing sock.

Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Handpainted, in Red Wing Blackbird

Even though I am well accustomed to laying my handknit socks flat to dry on the not-a-table (stackable drying racks), I still like the idea of being able to just toss them in the dryer, and Stroll has been good for that, so I have some in my stash. I was rather pleased with this batch when it knitted up with the little one-to-two row stripes, though I was a bit surprised that a colourway named Red Wing Blackbird had so little red in it (none), and so much pink. Then again, I'm not an ornithologist, so what do I know.

I still haven't picked out which yarn should be next either.

Maybe my sister should pick something out. She showed me some alarmingly thin spots on a pair of handknit socks the other night, so even though she just got a pair, maybe another should be prioritized?

Comments