Happy New Year!

I know. It's 2 January. Not actually New Year's Day. I spent the day away from the laptop yesterday, doing a number of things that I like.

But knitting on these socks wasn't one of them, because I finished them the night before!

Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts Purewash Sock, in Metropolis
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

Fine. Technically I finished them in the wee hours of the morning on New Year's Day. But I'm still counting it as a 2021 finish. After all, they are indeed the first socks I'm wearing in 2022.

Hooray for speckles!

Tech specs: my usual stockinette sock. Italian tubular CO. 64 sts. 1x1 rib for 11 rounds at the cuff, Fish Lips Kiss heel, toe decreases jiggered a bit to my liking - the first two a little more spaced out, the last two on adjacent rounds - and the toe Kitchenered shut, with the two outside edge stitches worked together.

As of this moment, I don't have any socks for me on the go. I should fix that. But I did start a new thing for me yesterday. Didn't think to snap a picture, and now it's dark again. Maybe tomorrow.

Comments