Git 'er done

I snapped this picture a few days ago:

See, it had occurred to me that there were about twelve days left in 2021, and that made me start thinking about what I'd like to finish up before the calendar rolls over. I'm a big fan of New Year, New Knits, and that goes hand in hand with finishing stuff as the year comes to a close.

With less than two weeks at my disposal, it seemed to me that this pile was feasible. I've got a couple of single socks that need mates, and a mostly-done sweater to wrap up - at the time of photography, I was working the raglan shaping on the second sleeve. Now, though? Now both of those sleeves are done and blocked, and the little sock cuff you can see is partway through the foot. I've still got ten days!

I mean, yes, I need to sew a bunch of seams on the sweater, and then pick up and knit the neck and front trim. And sure, I still want to knit a whole sock in addition to finishing the one that is far enough along that it actually looks like a sock.

But come on. Ten days!

...I, um, may have cast on for a new hat too.
 

Comments