This is a first

I suppose with how prone I am to creating piles of stuff, and then continuing to cram more stuff into those piles, what I'm about to reveal should not be terribly surprising. Still, I am surprised.

I have lost some yarn.

Now, to be clear, it's not a lot of yarn - just some leftover sock yarn. It is nice yarn, though, and I had fully intended to use it at some point in the future, and over the past few days I've been starting to put a plan in motion and yesterday I remembered those remnants and thought they could fit nicely into my plan.

But I can't find them.

First I figured they'd be in my bag of remnant sock yarn, with all the other remnant sock yarn from the past, um, five or six years. But they weren't there.

I dug around in the pile by my chair a little more. They are older remnants, so maybe they just didn't make it into the leftover sock yarn bag when I established it. But that turned up nothing too.

I did a little investigative dive into my Ravelry records, and found that I would have set eyes on them back in March 2015 - I sifted through my scraps for a scrappy MKAL back then, and I remember picking up and putting down at least some of the yarn I have in mind when I did that.

But where did it go after that?

I'm drawing a complete blank here - because the fact of the matter is that we moved in May 2015, and our move was a little, um, chaotic. I thought I had at least my yarn collection under control. But now I can't find those remnants.

I even checked the boxes of older scrap yarn in the basement, but no joy.

At this point, I've checked all the places that I know are housing yarn. That means that these scraps have been tucked away into a place that isn't one of my usual hidey holes, and, well. I don't even know where to begin that search.

I'm honestly a little stunned. Me? Lose yarn? Really?

I know how this story ends. I'll proceed with my plan without those bits - I'm pretty sure I don't need them, I just thought they would fit in well - and then once it's well and truly too late, but only just barely, I'll just stumble upon those missing scraps, mocking me from some spot that I thought I had thoroughly checked but had actually missed somehow.

It'll be fine. There will always be new plans in the works.

Comments