Of course

Oh. Hi.

I know. August is long gone. I had a good one - hope you did too.

September is now upon us. I resume my online classroom duties on Thursday.

Today, though? Today is actually my birthday. So I'm celebrating a little with some sweater-for-me knitting.

I've been beavering away on a couple of sweaters over the summer. I started a (heavily modified) Windowlit back in July, and have since finished the body and am pretty much done the front edging - I think I'm at the point where I should start sewing the edging on to finesse the final length of the thing, and I want to block the main sweater before I do that. I keep forgetting to block, so I'll think I should put some stitches in, reach for it, and realize I need to block it. It still needs sleeve edging too, and the final seaming, which I want to wait and do once I've done the sleeve edging.

I've also got most of the body done on a (lightly modified) Luna Park that I started, um, also in July - apparently I cast on both of these about a week apart. There's a bit more to go on the body, and then I need to put sleeves on.

I'm really close to having a new sweater, and pretty close to having a second sweater, which is exciting and all, but today?

Today's my birthday, and I'm casting on a new sweater instead.

Happy birthday to me.

Comments