Leapfrog

Now, I'm not a monogamous knitter - I typically have several projects on the go, and I mean things I'm actively working on, not things that haven't been touched in a long while because I got distracted and sort of forgot about them. (True, there are some of those around here too - two at the moment, really.) I'm not even concerned with having multiple socks on the go - I've got one upstairs by the bed, one down here by the laptop, and another that is down here right now, but it's a start on a future gift. This is all fine, as far as I'm concerned.

That's the laptop sock. Plain stockinette, in Tanis Fiber Arts Purewash Sock in Metropolis. My first pair of speckled socks for me, and I'm pretty chuffed with it. Really looking forward to having the finished socks in my rotation - because the temperatures have dropped, and I'm wearing socks rather consistently now. I mean, I've got a goodly collection, but come on. Speckles. How can I say no?

But. I've been sort of obsessing about this:

I did some stash enhancing at the beginning of the month, and this is one of the lovelies that joined the collection. This is Sea Turtle Fiber Arts Ridley Sock in Speckles and Splats, and it is one of her Evil Twin sets - for fraternal socks. I really want to see how this knits up.

Now, normally I'd just mentally queue this up for what comes after the Metropolis socks are done. And that's what I did, at first. These were simply going to be next. Except, I can't stop thinking about them. I adjusted my mental queue - I decided I'd finish the first Metropolis sock, then give in to my impatience and do one Speckles and Splats sock, then go back to Metropolis, and then again back to Speckles and Splats. Then I realized that since these are Evil Twins, I'd probably want to see how the second one worked up compared to the first in short order, so maybe I'd do the entire pair before finishing that second Metropolis sock.

Today, I decided to wind the yarn.

Do you see that? DO YOU SEE THAT.

I'm now thinking I might put my poor Metropolis sock on spare needles so I can cast on one of these tonight. The impatient part of me might not be able to wait for the first sock to be completed. She's insistent. And loud.


Comments