That's hot

Phew. It's been hot here yesterday and today, and I think the forecast is for it to stay hot for a while.

I tried taking a picture that included the current temperature widget on my laptop - it's not super easy to see, but it says it's currently 36 C and mostly sunny out there.

I just checked Environment Canada's current conditions, and it looks sort of like it's hot all across this huge country, which strikes me as a bit unusual - my memory (which could totally be wrong) says that we usually have different patterns from one end of the country to the other, so folks in one area can always sort of gloat at those on the other. From what I saw just now (which might be quite different whenever you click that link, if you choose to do so), there are temperatures over 30 C in many different places, spread from one coast to the other.

In any event, we've got the blinds down on our front windows to shield from extra heat as much as possible. Our main floor actually usually stays pretty decently comfortable, as there aren't any windows that pick up direct sunlight thanks to an awning-type structure out front. Upstairs is a different matter - for one thing, heat rises, so any heat on the main floor tends to sort of drift up there, but the windows of the two front rooms are not shielded, so they heat up, even with blinds down. We actually had air conditioning installed for upstairs last year, after four years of experiencing summers in this house and getting to know how things are, so it's currently keeping things a very pleasant 25 C up there.

Thinking about playing with yarn might seem crazy delusional, but it's where I'm at. I'm nearly done with the socks in that there picture up there, and honestly, I'm mentally done with them. My head is full of sweaterly plans, and I want very much to be off and running with those, but I feel I should finish those socks first - they're for my sister, and it always feels good to hand off finished knits for others.

Maybe I'll get these done tonight?

Comments