Preparations

Now that I've spun a batch of fibre, the question that has me super curious: have I spun enough to make myself some socks?

Since I don't have a convenient way to estimate the yardage, there's nothing for it but to just try it, right? This is part 1, which I spun a while back. Part 2 is where I left it, on the Not-A-Table to dry. I'm pretty sure it's completely dry now, I just didn't bother getting up to go get it, since I had part 1 right here beside me.

Winding the yarn has left me completely smitten with it, which is at odds with the fact that there were some colour stretches that I thought were honestly pretty ugly. If I saw this yarn in a store, either in person or online, I'd likely pass it by without much pause. But knowing I made it has rather significantly upped the charm factor, which seems sort of arrogant and boastful to admit, but there you have it. Does it help that I feel a bit ashamed to admit all this?

My plan is to try knitting this on slightly bigger needles than I usually use - I've got a set of 2.5 mm Sigs that are ready for their first run! There are definitely some thicker stretches and thinner stretches - I'm hoping this needle size is a good compromise for the mix I've got.

I am not at all ashamed to admit that I am unreasonably excited about this.

Comments