K'done: handspun socks

Oh me oh my.


Pattern: none, just a straight-up stockinette sock worked toe-up over 60 sts
Yarn: my own handspun, (!) spun from a superwash merino/nylon/bamboo blend from The Fiber Imp
Needles: 2.5 mm / US 1 1/2

Tech specs: cast 20 sts on using Judy's Magic Cast On, worked the toe by alternating plain rounds and increase rounds until I had reached 60 sts, then continued straight for the foot. Worked a Fish Lips Kiss heel, then straight up the leg until they were as tall as I wanted, then worked 2x2 ribbing and bound off using Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off.

The fabric is dense, yes, since my yarn was sort of variable and quite often in the sport-to-DK range, I think. Still, socks!

I, ah, might be pretty hooked on this whole start-with-fluff-and-end-with-stuff thing. Guess I'll be spinning up another batch soonish!

In the meantime, though, some sweater pieces are done blocking, so I think this afternoon will be spent seaming them into a completed sweater. I've also started winding yarn for another sweater - I've got three (!) on my mind, and they're all different gauges, which means I might be about to enter a phase where I've got three different sweaters on the go. Nothing wrong with that, right?

Right?

Comments