A question answered

Once I'd set the twist on my first batch of attempted sock yarn (that is really thicker than actual sock yarn), I wondered: had I spun enough to make a single sock?

With no good way to estimate yardage, I just cast on and started knitting.

Toe-up, of course - I figured a shorty sock was an acceptable outcome, whereas a toe-less sock was not.

Today, I have my answer.

It was totally enough! I even have remnants!

I can now confidently cast on for the mate - I have another batch of the handspun from that same braid of roving (top?), and even if for some reason that batch doesn't have enough yardage, I can use the leftovers from this one to make up the difference. (I think I got a bit more yardage on the second batch, though, since I had a bit more practice spinning under my belt at that point.)

This means that soon, I will have, er, three second socks on the needles.

It's fine.

Comments