All aboard the speckle train

I'm not super clear on when speckled yarn became a thing - other than it was a while ago, I'm quite late to the party, but I've finally arrived.

I managed to snag myself some speckly sock yarn goodness in the Tanis Fiber Arts Boxing Day Pop Up Shop. (If you're thinking those three blue-intense skeins on the right look like my sister's jam, you're right - they're hers.) They arrived last week, and sister has already picked out the one she wanted socks in first, so I wound it up and am on my way. (No picture because it's upstairs and I'm not.)

But wait, you may be saying. Wasn't I spinning some yarn with the intent of getting sock yarn? Why yes, yes I am. I'm still at it. Chugging my way through ply #3, not quite at the halfway point. I can see my singles are getting more even and consistent, but the process is definitely not quick, despite my impression of just zooming along as I'm doing it. I'll get there, eventually. In the meantime, it's good I have a stash to knit from. (She says, so casually, as if she's in any remote danger of running out of yarn to knit with.)

Comments