So much for the plan

Way back in October, late October, I noticed a sale at Knit Picks, and ordered me some yarn - some sock yarn in colours Mister would approve of for socks, and a batch of yarn to make a sweater for me.

The plan was to make myself a Folded Squares Cardigan - the sample shots all look so graceful and elegant, and who doesn't want that?

I told myself I would finish my sister's current sweater, and then indulge in some selfish sweater time.

Well. My sister's sweater still needs at least one sleeve - the first sleeve is rapidly approaching its end - so my brain is looking forward to what's next. I don't think it's going to be the Folded Squares, though, because a few days ago, it snowed. Not tons, just a few centimetres, but the temperature dropped, so the snow has stuck around, and the temperature has continued to drop. As I type, it is currently -14 C out there, not including windchill. (Gah. Windchill. Stupid cold isn't too bad, it's the windchill that is truly misery-inducing.)

On Friday, I exploded some yarn from the stash:

Suddenly a sport weight slinky cardigan isn't what I'm after. I want DK or worsted weight sweaters, something with some wooly squish to it, and I want several, apparently. That's three batches of worsted, and three batches of DK, and I'm trying to pin down a pattern and yarn combination. I think I've got it narrowed down to three possibilities, but trying to pick just one to start in on is making me flail hard.

Which is fine, since I still need to knit an entire sleeve to finish off my sister's sweater first.

Oh, and there's also this:

My own handspun handknit sock factory is nearly ready to start operations here.

Comments