Fare thee well, 2020

Well. Here we are. New Year's Eve.

Yarn: Have You Any Wool Luxe Sock, in Rage (light) (discontinued, apparently)
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

I finished my September socks way back on 12 December, according to Rav. Since my birthday is in September, I figured I should treat myself to one of my hoarded skeins of MCN sock yarn, even though it meant getting another pair of reddish socks. I'm glad I did - I've worn them a few times since finishing them, and they are indeed cozy and cushy. Happy belated birthday to me.

My October socks, well, they exist. I'm actually hoping to wrap them up so that they will be the first pair of socks I wear in 2021. I don't know if that's going to happen - I'm about a third of the way down the leg of the second in the pair, and, well. Tomorrow is 2021. I think I'm going to have a bit of a cheat by declaring tomorrow a pyjama day, but it still might not be doable. I do have other things that I have to do.

Wherever you are, whatever your 2020 looked like, raise a glass to send it on its way tonight, and usher in 2021. It's gonna be a good one - here's to optimism!

Comments