A scrappy palette

 No, my July socks aren't done, but I rustled up some scraps yesterday.

This is my intended colour progression for my August socks. These are all Invictus Yarns Master of My Feet remnants from previous Tour de Sock pairs. While I had previously toyed with the idea of making SSP 2020 all about Canadian dyers, the call of the scraps is too alluring, so I am officially walking away from that restriction on my yarn usage.

This also opens the door for playing with some other yarns in my stash for future SSP 2020 pairs.

Maybe my September socks will be MCN? I also have some rainbow-esque yarns from Knit Picks that I'd like to play with.

Trouble is, now that I have a scrappy plan, I want to start the scrappy socks - but I also want to use my Sigs, which are still in my July socks. Plus I want to actually finish the July socks before I start the August socks! The urge to cast on is strong, though. I find myself warming to the thought of using my wooden Harmony needles, which are very nice needles, and I don't dislike them, but I tend to only pull them out when planning travel knitting (where danger of losing a needle looms large - I have two sets of Harmony needles in my go-to sock size, and each set came with an extra, so I can handle losing one or two), because if I am completely honest, I prefer my Sigs.

Anyway. I've now knit 21 of the 64 rounds I want to do on the leg before starting my heel flap. There's still some mileage to go on these socks. Me typing here blathering away isn't going to get those stitches made!




Comments