Well now what

It is cold and drizzly today, which means it's super dark in my house. Not awesome.

I'm approaching the heel flap of my second May sock, which is great, because apparently May is approaching its end! We've been keeping on keeping on here - both of us working from home, which has actually been quite nice. We get to have lunch together everyday, we don't have to commute - we've barely driven the car since the end of March! I'm pretty on top of laundry these days, since being home all the time makes it pretty easy to start a wash whenever I need to. (That being said, I think there are a couple of loads that could go. Maybe this afternoon.) I am absolutely not on top of housework - I don't want to run the vacuum during the workday since the noise could interfere with someone else on a work call, I don't do it in the evenings because I want daylight to be able to see (sure, I suppose I could turn on the lights, but eh), and it usually doesn't occur to me to do it on a weekend. That being said, I did do it on Monday (I think - maybe it was Sunday?), so we're not exactly wallowing in dirt here. Dishes get washed pretty regularly (not much choice on that one!), and I have been keeping us supplied with home-baked desserts pretty consistently.

All this is to say that I'm not having the sort of wildly domestic lockdown that I've seen other people having on social media, but I'm also not frantically bored, and I'm still employed, for which I'm pretty grateful.

While my May socks aren't done, I'm starting to think about which yarn to grab for my June socks, and also I'm thinking about my next non-sock knit, since I finished that test I volunteered for earlier this month. (I finished earlier this month. I volunteered back in April.) There are a few sweaters kicking around in various degrees of completion that I could and probably should pick up to wrap up, but you know, casting on for something new is just so alluring. I won a pretty skein of laceweight last year in a KAL, and it's been softly calling to me pretty well since it entered my house.

But I always enjoy finishing sweaters. Working from home means I'm not wearing handknit sweaters much, though - my webcam is built into my laptop, so it captures a pretty close-up image of my head, and maybe a bit of my shoulders. That might change come fall, though - I mean, as of right this moment we've been instructed to plan for online delivery, but as the temperature drops, I might reach for sweaters more anyway. Seasonal change can do that to a person.

I suppose with all the uncertainty of this global situation, it's probably not surprising that I'm having knitting indecision. After all, don't I almost always have knitting indecision?

I'll put some more stitches into this sock while I think about it.

Comments