K'done: yet more plain socks

Done with days to spare!



Pattern: none, just a plain ol' stockinette sock worked over 64 sts
Yarn: Black Cat Custom Yarn Everyday Sock, in Mustafar
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

Another pair of stockinette socks for the drawer. I actually finished these on the weekend - I put in 24 May as my finished date on my Rav page - and wore them yesterday, which is when I snapped my pics. Another SSP success story.



I'm not sure how apparent it is in that photo - reds like to play tricks on cameras - but I'm still experimenting with different gusset placement. These ones are placed on the side, about halfway down the heel flap, and sort of decrease away towards the sole of the foot, if that makes sense?



There, maybe that visual helps a bit more? I also set up my heel flap so that there are two knit stitches between every slipped stitch, and then I made the slipped stitches travel in one direction on one sock, and the other direction on the other, to make mirrored diagonal line motifs. (No picture for that - I definitely cannot twist around to take a nice clear picture of the backs of my heels while wearing socks!)

These socks started with a tubular CO, and I worked 11 rounds of k1p1 ribbing before switching to stockinette for the remainder of the sock. Toe decreases are my usual pattern: basically a wedge toe, except I space the first two decreases out a bit more (two rounds plain after each decrease round), then alternate decrease and plain rounds until I only want to do two more decreases, and those I do without the plain round in between. I also work the first two and last two stitches together as I kitchener the toe shut.



A-yup.

So what now? Well, I need to make a decision on my yarn for my June socks. I thought I had it figured, but now I'm not so sure again, so I'm making use of a strategy that I often turn to when faced with this sort of knitterly indecision.

I started a pair of socks for my sister.

The first one's nearly done.

Comments