K'done: even more plain socks

Boom, baby!



Pattern: none really - plain stockinette sock worked over 64 sts, with a folded hem cuff
Yarn: Sweet Georgia Yarns Tough Love Sock, in Invisible Fate
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1



I actually finished these the night before last, but I was wearing pink sweatpants yesterday, and figured I should try to do better than that for pictures. Today I'm wearing black stretchy pants instead.

Despite my issues with the way the colours arranged themselves as I knit, I'm pretty pleased with how they came out. The whole point of SSP 2020 was to get more plain stockinette socks into my drawer, since I like 'em so much. Now that I've been wearing these for a few hours, I think I'm pretty sold on adding more folded cuff socks to the collection too - I quite like the look of them, and the fit seems fine, and a little change every now and then is good, right? I also put the gusset decreases on the bottoms of these:



They seem to fit well - no odd pooching or bunching, but I'm still not sure if I'm entirely sold on the look of them there. That might just be me being more accustomed to seeing them on the sides. I haven't yet decided where I'll put them on the May socks.

Which I have not started yet. I think I've got the yarn picked out, but I'm thinking I might try to produce another pair of Mister socks first.

Maybe. I'll keep thinking about it while I keep putting yardage into a test knit. Deadline is 15 May. Mustn't dilly-dally!

Comments