K'done: Pryanik sweater

I quite like this testing gig.



Pattern: Pryanik, by Jenny Faifel
Yarn: madelinetosh tosh vintage, in Whitewash
Needles: 5 mm / US 8

A comfy, cozy, sweatshirty sweater, with some great knitterly details. Check it out:



The sleeves are worked in reverse stockinette, with a twisted knit elbow patch. (Truthfully? The pattern has instructions on how to customize elbow patch placement, which I blithely ignored, and I also never checked row gauge. As it turns out, the elbow patches are a tiny bit on the low side.) And:



Raglan styling, with a slipped stitch marking out the raglan line, with reverse stockinette over the shoulders (and down into the sleeves), and stockinette on the front and back. As I was working it, I got worried about tension issues - because of the way the increases are worked, I had gappier stitches on one side of one set of increases. It seems to have evened itself out in the blocking, though - I didn't notice any gappiness in the piece as my sister was modeling it.

Sister seemed quite pleased with the result (ha, the yarn is blue - it's hers!), and I want to make one for me too - I tried it on before handing it over, and I liked the overall shape and fit of the piece, but given my preference for cardis, I'm thinking about how to cardiganize it.

I think I lengthened the sleeves a bit - my sister has a preference for what I would call crazy long sleeves - but otherwise knit it to pattern specs. Because, you know, testing. Used my standard-for-me Chinese waitress CO and double chain BO. I think I had about a metre of yarn left at the end?



(I may have added that shot to the collection of knitted texture pictures that my phone cycles through as background images.)

Yup. Another very satisfying knit.

Comments