Checking in

There are nine more days left in April.

My April socks look like this.



I'm not too worried just yet. I can totally knock out a stockinette sock in nine days, judging by my track record. And I just finished up marking my last final exam today - tomorrow I'll do the final grade submissions (I like to try to get the marking done a day before my submission deadline, so I can post the marks and students have some time to go look and see them before I do the official submission) and then my semester is done and dusted. That should free up some time for knitting, except for the part where I need to get stuff ready for the Spring semester. Sigh.

The other potential obstacle to complete April socks is this:



That's the reknit of my Wychwood, screaming along because I'm getting nervous about having enough yarn to make it again. I'm well into the third skein now, and am closing in on the point where I split for the second armhole, but I also have a little 30 g cake of yarn that was reclaimed from that armhole split section on the first knit-through, so I have no idea where I stand in terms of pattern progress vs. yarn consumption. Nothing for it but to just keep going, and see where I end up.

I sure hope it's with a usable piece.

Comments