There's always an upside

So working from home has allowed me to run more loads of laundry through our machines, because I'm actually here to transfer clean laundry from the washing machine to the dryer or not-a-table (drying racks) before it goes stinky in the front loader. (Although today something has Gone Wrong with a load that's currently in the dryer. Those clothes have been run through the washer twice now, because when I fluffed them earlier after having left them in there overnight, which is something that happens pretty regularly, they smelled funny, which is something that doesn't happen regularly. They were also not very warm and rather damp, which is also Highly Unusual. I ran them through the washer again, and they smelled fine, then ran them through the dryer, and something smells funny again. They were also still damp. I'm running another fluff session - the hope is to get them drier, and then I'll pull them out and see if the smell lingers - or if it can be tracked down to one problematic item.)

But yeah. I'm actually sort of on top of our laundry situation right now.

I've also been able to make good headway with Mister's mother's Christmas socks:



Oh, and remember this?



My Wychwood that fell short in the yarn supply department? As you can see from that pic, my 3.25 3.75 mm cable arrived, so equipment-wise I'm good to go with the attempted reknit. I'm a bit nervous that the smaller needle won't be enough to compensate for the missing, um, 200 yards, so I haven't launched that quite yet. As of this moment, I'm of a mind to just give it a try, and see how the consumption goes - maybe if needed I can find a section to omit to reduce the yardage demands?

Comments