K'done: plain socks

Did you hear that? I believe that was the whooshing sound of another month blowing by! At least I have something to show for it:



Yarn: Gauge Dye Works Classic Merino Twist Self-Striping, in White Light
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

Another pair of plain stockinette socks, worked over 64 sts, with a dozen or so rounds of ribbing at the cuffs, an eye-of-partridge heel flap, and a slightly rounded toe. Magnifique.



So far, so good with SSP 2020 - this is indeed pair #2 for my stockinette sock collection, and completed well within the month of February. I've got the next cake all wound up to start on 1 March. I actually had a thought as I was winding it - I wonder if I want to make SSP 2020 all about the Canadian yarns? So far I've used a skein of Sweet Georgia Yarns Tough Love Sock and this skein of Gauge - both Canadian dyers. (Both in BC too, come to think of it - are they both in Vancouver? I know Sweet Georgia is, but I can't remember if Gauge is on the island or mainland...) The yarn I wound up for March is also Canadian. I have lots of Tough Love Sock in my stash that would be good to put to use, as well as some other Canadian sock yarns that will remain shrouded in mystery for now but would be great for this project.

On the other hand - I also have some Knit Picks yarn that I want to use. The additional draw here is that these are dryer safe. I am totally not opposed to laying my socks out to dry - I have dryer racks, it's not a big deal - but I must admit there is appeal in more dryer safe socks.

So here I sit, caught between the idea of sticking to a theme and the idea of having more socks that can go in the dryer.

Well. I know what I'm doing for March already, so I guess I have time to think it through.

Comments