Another year, another decade, out

Here we are.

New Year's Eve 2019. I had sort of not realized that this turning over of the calendar bounces us into a new decade. 2020? How can it already be 2020? Isn't 2020 supposed to be the distant future with amazing technology?

And, I suppose, it is. The Mister picked up a 3D printer in a Boxing Day/Week sale, and it arrived today, and he spent much of the afternoon setting it up on the kitchen table - which, by the way, is not its permanent home - and then doing a test print of a little cube. We've been joking about how our house is about to explode with junky trinkets. We're both terrible clutterbugs, and now we can literally make our own clutter bits. This may have bad news written all over it.

I've cast on a sock that is destined for his mother - part of her Christmas present, needed to collect measurements before embarking - but I am really looking forward to launching my socks-for-me factory tomorrow. Or maybe tonight as soon as the clock rolls over past midnight. We'll see. I've also wound up some yarn for some sister socks - not really a gift, but she mentioned one of her older pairs (from 2013! I just looked it up!) is rather thin on the bottom, and while she did say she's still doing okay, it seems prudent to move a replacement pair into the priority sequence of things.

Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to a shiny new decade full of promise.

2020, we're counting on you!

Comments