How it goes

So I've been putting stitches in on a few things in the past little while. I'm onto the second sock of the Lindsay socks - I think I'm now three or four repeats away from the heel flap. I've got nearly half of my Atelier done, or I'm guessing about half, judging by yarn consumption. I've been chugging along with a new man-sock - took a few runs at a cable-based herringbone texture, then decided the yarn didn't show it very well, so relaunched with a different cable motif that I think is pretty nifty. That is now just past the heel turn of the first sock.

But when I woke up on Saturday, I was oddly obsessed with the idea of cobbling some remnants together into stockinette socks for me.



That's not the entire collection, but it's what I pulled out to work with, pretty much right after I was out of bed and dressed. That evening, after dinner, I cast on, and by the time I went to bed, I had this:



After spending some quality time with it over the past couple of days, I now have this:



Yep. Screaming right along, and I don't even know why - it's not like there's any urgency, it's summer, and even though this week is supposed to be sort of rainy and cold so I'll be wearing socks, it's not like I don't have other socks.

In other news, this year's Tour de Sock is on - but not like other years. The Tour Director has evaluated her summer schedule and determined that it's not super compatible with running the race, so this year is a non-race year. The stage one patterns were all announced on Sunday, and I think I may knit one or two up for my sister - ooh, or maybe Mum? But there are not points to be earned, so I'm indulging my obsession with these scrappy socks in the meantime.

Gotta go - nearly done with the ribbing!

Comments