K'done: stockinette socks

I made a decision about those rainbow striped socks:



Yarn: Gauge Dye Works Classic Merino Twist, in Concrete and Tulips
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1



I indeed reversed the ordering of the stripes, and finagled things so that the same green stripe was sacrificed to the heel flap, so that the rainbow motif would be remain clear. As it turns out, the orange stripes ended up falling in the same spots across the two socks, which is sorta neat.



No pattern, just a plain stockinette sock worked top-down over 66 sts, with an Italian tubular CO, 11 rounds of 1x1 ribbing, a flap heel, side gussets, and a slightly rounded wedge toe. Boom.

Before arriving at that decision, however, I pounded out these:



Yarn: String Theory Colorworks Inertia, in Malic Acid
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1



Same formula as above, including the reversing of the stripes. I'm not sure what the connection between those colours and malic acid is, but they sure reminded me of Life Savers - the original five-flavour bundles, with orange, pineapple, lemon, lime, and cherry flavoured candy inside.



I'm pretty pleased to have more stockinette socks for my drawer, as I do find myself reaching for those first, and should probably add some more to the collection - especially since a few of my older pairs are starting to wear through.

With that in mind, I don't really know how to explain this:


(Pattern is Lindsay.)
Actually, I think I can.



I saw a sample picture showcasing the lace stitch, and felt that must knit pang.

Comments