The last gasp of 2018

Well, here we are. Three days left of 2018. (Well, two and a half-ish, at this point.)

I know I've been away for a long while. I know I have stuff to catch up on. Honestly, I don't really know if I'll ever get fully caught up. But I do have a few things I'd like to blog in the next little while, before the new semester kicks off and blogging time becomes sparse again.

Naturally, as we all prepare for the annual rolling over of the calendar, thoughts turn to what we've done with the time allotted to us in the previous year, and what we'd like to do with what precious little remains, and depending on your personality, you may start setting weird crazy goals for yourself. I caught myself about to do that just a few days before Christmas, as I was madly pounding away on some gift knitting, and I glanced at the bag by my chair where two sweaters-in-progress for me are waiting, and I thought, Y'know, it'd be nice to get all the in progress stuff taken care of before 2019 hits.

Then reality kicked down my door and said, Hey sucker, you know what? You're sitting there seriously thinking about cranking out pretty much a whole sweater, and two pairs of socks in six days, and that's if you're being somewhat generous with yourself and ignoring the sister sweater sleeves and other sweater for yourself tucked away in bags upstairs. And those six days you're eyeballing? One of them is Christmas Day, which is pretty much a guaranteed no-knitting day, and there will be family stuff to keep your hands off your needles for at least some of the remaining five. GET A GRIP.

So I listened. I figure maybe leaving those sweaters for me for after New Year's might be a nice way for me to start the new year - I know I've been all over the New Year, New Knits idea in the past, but New Year, New Sweater has some allure too. (Especially if I can make it be New Year, New Sweaters.) So the new plan is to bust a move on two pairs of socks - one for sister, one for Mister (more on that development later!).

Except now we've got less than three days left, and um, I've got this:



Uh. Yeh. That's one complete sister sock and few inches of the second, and, um, the leg and heel of the first Mister sock. To be fair, at this point I'm nearly done with the gusset decreases, but his feet are longer than mine and sister's, so the foot will take longer than what I'm sort of accustomed to. Also, there needs to be a second sock for me to meet my goal.

Think I can make it?

Comments