Goodbye, summer

Oh hi there.

I looked at the date today and realized that somehow the entire month of August just sort of slipped away from me. Don't get me wrong - I was doing things, fun enjoyable things even, knitting included. But it feels as though I should still have another month of summer. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

So, what have I been up to? Well, in July there was some vacation time with my parents and siblings.



That's my TdS stage two sock, in progress during our trip. That is the only in progress photo I took of those socks. I don't even have modelled shots of the finished socks - hopefully I'll be able to correct that soonish.

Then, we were home for a week, which saw me barge through stage three of TdS:













Pattern: Bicycle Race, by Heidi Nick
Yarn: Yummy Yarn Studio 80/20 Merino Nylon Superwash Sock, in Rhubarb (sadly discontinued)
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

Then we threw some clothes into the suitcases again to fly out to Vancouver Island for a couple of weeks with Mister's parents. While we were there, I skipped stage four of le Tour in favour of a test knit, which I'll blog separately since I'm really pleased with how that worked out. I did, however, do stage five:





Pattern: Flibbertigibbet, by Lisa K. Ross
Yarn: Yummy Yarn Studio 80/20 Merino Nylon Superwash Sock, in Mature Romance

Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

Oh, and I also visited my first fibre arts festival, and, um, may have done some stash enhancement.



Don't look at me like that - it's not all mine, actually, some of them were sister purchases, one skein is destined to be socks as a gift for Mum, and a few skeins are destined for Mister - one for a hat, and two for socks. (He came around to the idea of handknit socks while we were wandering the booths at the festival. I better get on it before he changes his mind!)

And then we came home, and now I'm nearly caught up with the laundry that we accumulated while we were gone, and getting myself ready to be back at work for a new semester next week. I've started another test knit, and stage six of TdS is going to drop tomorrow morning.

Hello, fall.

Comments