K'done: plain socks

Round and round I go.



Pattern: none, just stockinette socks worked over 68 sts
Yarn: Gauge Dye Works Merino Fingering: Classic, in small batch 014
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

I got this yarn as part of my Christmas 2017 present from my siblings, after dropping a flat-out request for self-striping yarn. My sister also picked up a couple of skeins for socks for her, which I actually knit up first, and these didn't find their way onto my needles until April.



I mad heart them, but truthfully, they didn't come out the way I was expecting - I thought they'd stripe the way the ones I'd made for my sister would stripe, in wide bands of about five rounds in a single colour, then a distinct changeover to a new colour. The bands of colour on these are really wide, and the colour transitions are blended together, with several shades present in a single band, and overlap of shades from one band to the next.



Tech specs: I did an Italian tubular caston, worked 12 rounds of 1x1 rib, then cruised along in plain stockinette until it was time to put in an eye of partridge heel flap, then returned to cruising along in stockinette for the rest of the sock.

I'd jump right on casting on another pair - except le Tour is coming, and I'm all signed up. I'm hoping for more sister-friendly patterns, but one never knows.

Comments