So far, so good

The adjustment I made seems to have done the trick.



The foot is not exactly like the leg, but whatever, I'm calling it close enough, and proceeding with the second sock. (As opposed to shredding the first sock into oblivion and trying to pretend it never happened while figuring out a new plan for the yarn.) Already I'm a bit apprehensive, as the pooling on the ribbing is not exactly like the first one was, though I didn't do anything like try to match the starting point to the first one, so perhaps it's no surprise that it's a bit different. Either way, I'm ready to start the fancy stitch now, which will really reveal all, but I'm due at the dentist in about 40 minutes for my ritual torture regular cleaning and checkup, so that will have to wait - I'm pretty sure I can't knit in the dentist's chair, what with being reclined so far I feel like my head is the lowest point, not being able to look at my work at all (can't glance down, can't raise up hands above my face because then I'd be blocking the big dental light), and being wildly distracted by the presence of other people's fingers and various tools and implements in my mouth.

No, I don't really like dental checkups. Mostly because they so often lead to dental work. Blech.

Comments