Fine, be that way

Yesterday morning, I sat in quiet contemplation of what I'd managed to finagle on Tuesday:



I'd managed to get the yarn to stop Jekyll-and-Hyde-ing and start a sort of vague striping action, but I still felt unsatisfied.

I realized that what I really wanted to get was more mixing of the colours throughout the fabric.

So I gave up and started turning the yarn into a pair of Leyburns.



Well. A corrupted version of Leyburn - I'm knitting these top-down, and I've changed the pattern a bit too, in that the quilted pattern is worked over panels on the front and back, with a very narrow band of stockinette on each side. Because I've got the stitches divided evenly between the front and back, I wasn't able to perfectly centre the panels, but the side panels are so narrow - four stitches each - that I'm inclined to just keep going as is.

Comments