K'done: vesica piscis pullover

Bahaha, so much for getting all caught up yesterday - I forgot one! And a sweater no less!



Pattern: vesica piscis pullover, by Jenny Faifel
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish DK, in Wonderland Heather (light blue) and Rainforest Heather (dark green)
Needles: 4.5 mm / US 7



This was a test - lucky me! I was going to say that I pounded this out while we were in BC last summer, but my Rav notes don't jive with that memory - they say I cast on on 21 July, and had it all done (probably not including blocking, I usually mark the finished date as whenever I got all the ends woven in) on 19 August. We flew out there on 3 August, so I guess I must have had some of it done before we got there. Maybe not much, though - I remember doing the colourwork of the yoke sitting in the armchair I always claim. Maybe I had just the collar done? Eh, that matters very little at this point.

I had a great time with this one - but then again, I'm not one to shy away from acres of stockinette, whether knit in the round or flat. In fact, I get to play with this knit again in the near future - I knit it to pattern specs, since it was a test, and I needed to be able to say something about yardage requirements, but the sleeves as written are not long enough for my sister's preferences. She likes overlong sleeves - she wants the cuffs to cover her wrists when she's holding her arms straight out in a zombie-style pose, which means they'll be slumped over her hands when her arms are down. I think her perfect sleeves reach the base of her thumb when her arms are down. So a few days ago she expressed some regret about the length of the sleeves on this, and I offered to lengthen them a bit for her - I'll just pull out the bind off and then knit another inch or so of ribbing. The things we do for our siblings.

Two day streak!

Comments