I have to catch up

Wow.

My last post was during TdS 2017? Really?

Clearly, something in my life got right out of hand. I'm going to vaguely blame work for my rather long radio silence here, and just try to pick up as if I'd never fallen off the blogosphere in the first place.

There's a bit of a problem with that plan: despite the crazy pace of work last semester (I know - that leaves August unaccounted for, and I honestly have no answer. We were in BC for a couple of weeks, which eats up some of the missing time, but the rest? All I can do is hang my head in shame.), I found odd moments to knit here and there. Trouble is, they're pretty far in the past now, so I haven't got much to say about them anymore, other than I liked 'em. But that kind of goes without saying, no?

So, like the title says - I have to catch up.



Pattern: Fins, by Sarah Bordelon
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll, in Scarlet
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

(I know. The red red yarn refuses to be photographed in a way that shows the texture of the pattern at all. The trials and tribulations of being a red-loving knitter.)



Pattern: Kanteletar, by Tiina Kuu
Yarn: mostly more Knit Picks Stroll, in Wonderland Heather and Black, with a bit of Invictus Yarns Master of My Feet in The Game Is On
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1 for the single colour bits, 2.5 mm / US 1 1/2 for the colourwork



Pattern: Indecisions, by Adrienne Fong
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal, in Canopy
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1



Pattern: Mosaic Marbles Socks, by Kirsten Hall
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal, in Blue Yonder, and Claudia Hand Painted Yarns Fingering, in Mangled Tangled
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1



Pattern: Accio, by Heidi Nick
Yarn: A Tree Hugger's Wife Sturdy Sock, in Cardinal
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1



Pattern: tilted cowl, by Jenny Faifel
Yarn: madelinetosh Tosh DK, in Oak (the lighter green) and two one-off colourways from grab bags
Needles: 5 mm / US 8



Pattern: moon spots cowlette, by Jenny Faifel
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Tonal, in Thunderhead
Needles: 5.5 mm / US 9



Pattern: none, just a plain stockinette sock worked over 68 sts with a flap heel
Yarn: Gauge Dye Works Merino Twist: Classic in Purple Haze
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1



Pattern: everyday shawl, by Jenny Faifel
Yarn: Sweet Georgia Yarns Party of Five Tough Love Sock, in Waterfall
Needles: 4 mm / US 6

Actually, this last one was the most recent, so I remember stuff. I remember stuff about those stripy socks too, but this post is already long. I'll try to come back to talk about the things I remember, and the things that are ongoing now, in the next few days. I know - promises, promises, right? I'll do my best not to lapse out again.

Comments

Post a Comment