So I bought some yarn



Um. Yeah.

That's a pile of Sweet Georgia Yarns Tough Love Sock - 6 skeins! See, Sweet Georgia had a Mystery Grab Bag Sale, clearing out bundles of two or three skeins at a discount. I saw the announcement, and then hemmed and hawed for a couple of days, then decided to take the plunge. I really like this sock yarn, and socks can be either wildly coloured or more sedate, so not being able to pick my colours didn't bother me at all. I'm pretty pleased with the collection that I got! When the sale was announced, though, the email was worded in such a way that I thought the colourways were going to basically be one-offs - they were described as colours that just weren't added to the regularly-available palette. When the yarn arrived, though, I noticed the tags all had colourway names, and they were names that are in the usual palette. My guess is these are skeins that for whatever reason varied some from the samples you can see on the website, so they didn't want to sell them to unsuspecting customers. I did notice a couple of very tiny blobs of whoopsie colour on a couple of the skeins, but I'm okay with it. After all, I got the yarn on a discount, with no preconceived notion of what colours I'd be getting, and a tiny blort of unexpected colour isn't going to make or break a pair of socks. Honestly, they're so faint I'm not even sure I'd be upset with them on a more visible piece like a sweater or cowl or shawl, but that could just be me being easy going.

Either way, my sock yarn stash has been enhanced, and that made me feel pretty good on the approach to this year's Tour de Sock.

Except. Apparently, Sweet Georgia is not returning as a sponsor this year. So none of this new yarn will earn me bonus points in the Tour.

Oh well. At least I have the yarn. It's still pretty. It'll still make great socks. I'll still call it a net positive.

Comments