K'done: Plain Socks

I finished these ages ago. Ages ago.



Pattern: None, just a plain ol' stockinette sock, cobbled together from my experience
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, in Blackwatch Plaid
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

Honest, according to my Rav notes, I finished them in May - on her birthday, actually, and I do have a vague memory of flinging them at her or tucking them into the gift bag her actual gift was in. (I did say the memory was vague.) I just never blogged them until now because I only took that picture of her wearing them last week, while we were out on Vancouver Island.

There's not actually much for me to say about these socks - I wanted to try out my new Sigs when they arrived, and plain stockinette seemed a good first run, which meant I could reach for a crazier colourway. She added this yarn to an online order I was placing based primarily off the name, and neither of us was quite sure what to do with it when it arrived. Plain socks seemed a good match, and once she was on board, I was off and running. Well, off and knitting.

Not in any super zippy way, though. Just a round here, a few stitches there, most of the knitting was accomplished as I waited in the car. But that's the great thing about this craft - a little here, a little there, and you'll get to a finished object.

I know I've been silent for a while. We were away. Again. I've got more stuff to show you. It needs blocking, though. So, you know. It might be a little while.

Comments