One is better than none

Last night, I wove in the ends on the latest sweater for my sister:



It's not blocked yet - I think I should probably leave that until after the sink's been cleaned, nothing like inadvertently washing your sink with handknits. It also still needs buttons, and those will need to be procured at some point in the future. So it's not done. But the knitting part is done.

And also the weaving in of ends. For a garment constructed in one piece, it had a somewhat shocking number of ends that had to be dealt with.



I even threw caution to the wind and did Russian joins when changing skeins. Still. I had at least 10 ends to deal with at the end.

I had previously hoped to get two sweaters all wrapped up before the Tour de Sock begins tomorrow, but I have a feeling that's not going to happen. The second sweater - for me - is nearly done, in that I'm chugging away through the last ball of yarn. If I could just sit and crank on it all afternoon and evening today, I might be able to finish it.

Instead, I'm going to be doing some baking, and at some point I'm going to wind up some more sponsor yarn in preparation for later stages of the Tour. I've got Stage One all figured out:



The yarn with the needles jammed into the puck is my first choice. If, however, I see the pattern and think I've got a bad match, then I've got the other two batches waiting in the wings.

I am ready. I am prepared.

Eep. Look at the time. I better get into the kitchen.

Comments