Let's see some progress

Historically, I have not been particularly good at documenting my progress on things here. I'll say something about making progress, but I never actually provide any photo evidence until I have something finished.

Remember how a little while back I posted a pic of the hem of a sweater for my sister? No? It looked like this:



Today, it looks like this:



I just did the second three-needle bind off to join the shoulder this morning. Now all it needs is sleeves and the neckband/buttonband edging. The sleeves are short, so I'm anticipating that they will be fairly quick. This should be done soon.

Those with eagle eyes may have spotted a whoopsie - the two fronts don't match precisely, because I goobered up the right front. I don't think it's too noticeable, because they mostly match - up right by where you bind off for the lower edge of the neckline? I misjudged where I was in the chart as I was working the right front, so the lace goes a bit strange - it's missing two rows on the right front. I didn't notice it until after I had finished the right front, finished the back, joined the right shoulder, and worked to the corresponding point on the left front - I lined the two fronts up to make sure I worked the left to the same length as the right, and saw that the lace patterning deviated between the two. Oops. At the time, I couldn't figure out what I'd done to mess up the right, so I couldn't repeat the error to make the left match, and I didn't want to trial-and-error my way through. Because, really - I don't think it's that noticeable. I mean, I can find it if I look for it, and if I place the two pieces right beside each other, it's more obvious, but those pieces are going to be separated by button bands, and, realistically - the sweater won't be buttoned all the way up. In fact, I could force the issue and simply omit the topmost button and buttonhole. Evil? Maybe.

Now. To get the sleeve stitches picked up. Maybe this sucker will even be done by the weekend?

Comments