Transformation

This was my stash:



Um, except that bottle of Glenlivet there. That's not mine. Really. It just got put there, and I neglected to move it before snapping this pic.

Oh, and this too:



Not the prettiest storage solution, but it worked reasonably well enough. Until one day the mister suggested that I might want to consider purchasing a little cabinet for storing the yarn, rather than the cardboard boxes they were shipped in. I said, yes, that would be a fine idea, and then arranged with my parents for a trip to Ikea, where they bought my Christmas present, helped me bring it home (they have a sufficiently large vehicle to do the hauling), and my father did the majority of the building work too. (I had fully intended to do it, but he sort of took over. Dads.) Parents being parents, they even bought me lunch, too.

So now I have this:



Much better. Even though the door has a window, I took a shot with the door open, just to confirm that yes, the whole thing is indeed yarn:



It's not completely stuffed yet, which is good, since I've got a few more batches to fit in there. Also, this is not the entirety of the yarn in the house - there's a couple of boxes full of sister yarn that I deliberately left out of the cabinet.

The cabinet is all mine. And it fills me with enormous glee.

It also makes me think that maybe I don't need to buy anymore yarn for a little while.

Comments