I should think not

Last night, an observation was made: for nearly two months now, I have not been knitting as much as some are accustomed to seeing me knit.

It was also suggested that perhaps I have begun to lose interest in knitting.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Lose interest? In knitting? Really?

Now, it is true that I haven't been knitting as much lately. But oh, I don't know, couldn't that perhaps be a smidge more related to the fact that I'm once again working a paying job that yanks me out of the house four days a week?

Besides, I'm still knitting. Here's some evidence:



Pattern: Lius, by Rachel Coopey
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi, in Tahoe
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

I kitchenered the toe and wove the ends in on these over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend - I think I did it on the Monday morning. I pulled them on to snap a quick pic (those are my feet up there), and then handed them over to my sister. I managed to get my one entry into the Sock Sniper FO draw. Woot.

I've also put in a teeny tiny bit of time into a sweater sleeve - it's been my Bioshock: Infinite knit. Yep, we're still playing that after all. In fact, the gameplay is nearly done! My player decided to give it another try, in shorter bursts, and I abandoned the idea of knitting during gameplay for a while thinking that might help. The second session lasted about 45 minutes and made us both nauseous, but the third session only affected him, and after that, we apparently got used to the motion. Now playtime can go on for quite a while, neither of us feels gross, and I've even been able to pick up my needles and work a few rows here and there.

And just today, I cast on this, after having sort of been obsessing about it but forcing myself to hold off until the sister socks were done:



A sister sweater! That there is Madelinetosh Tosh Sport, and wow is it faboo to work with - which is how I felt about Tosh Sock too. This is also my first foray into entrelac knitting. So far, I'm enjoying it - I'm knitting backwards for the WS mini rows, so I'm not turning my work incessantly. I've got two triangles done in that shot. We'll see how much it grows over the next little while.

See? I'm totally still knitting whenever I can. Losing interest indeed.

Comments