Building excitement

I did it.

I signed up for the Tour de Sock.

I haven't gotten my invoice yet, and haven't yet paid for my participation, but having made the decision has ramped up my enthusiasm. In fact, I've pretty well got my yarn choices down - I started thinking about it yesterday, and today I went and tore through enthusiastically sifted through my remnant stash, picking out some colour combinations that I think will work where the available hints have indicated that multiple colours of yarn in less-than-one-skein amounts are required. Plus I like the idea of stretching a little more garment out of my sock yarn purchases - I'm looking to use up remnant stash for two of the six socks.

There's going to be a fair bit of pink and purple in this Tour, it would seem.

I'm a tiny bit worried about one sock - Sock Foxtrot. I'm supposed to have 50 g each of two colours, and 15 g of a third. I rustled up 42 g each of two colours - I'm not worried about the 15 g amount. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get away with it, since my feet are small. I suppose, worst case scenario, there will be a mad last-minute scramble for another colour.

Also? I need to go bead shopping. I'm thinking I'll be able to do that Tuesday.

I'm pretty jazzed up to see how I'll do in this. I'm not part of a team as of this moment - but I may end up joining one. Part of me thinks that's dangerous, given that this is my first Tour, and if I fail to finish a leg, that means my entire team fails to finish the leg. But then again, it's all in good fun, right?

This could be the start of something, um, interesting.

Meanwhile? I'm trying to wrap up a sweater - the body is getting pretty close to being done. There are still sleeves, but still. Plus, there's another video game knit going on in the background.

Hoo boy.

Comments