K'done: Parcel Pullover

Another unmodelled sweater. Yes, I am ashamed. But not of the sweater itself.



Pattern: Parcel, by Carol Feller
Yarn: Monikadesign Cashmerino Soft, in Cypress Shade
Needles: 4.5 mm / US 7

This was fun. The cables break up stockinette in the round nicely - then again, I have nothing against stockinette anyway. Very pleasant to knit.



This sweater design also has you knit the set-in sleeves top down, starting by picking up stitches all around the armscye and then working short rows for the sleeve cap. This is a clever technique - though I did wind up with enlarged stitches at the edges of the short rows that I had to cinch shut later. I'm pretty sure that's my own technique failing, not a failing of the method, though. I didn't even really mind doing the cinching - it didn't take boatloads of time.



That puckering, by the way, is just a consequence of how the sweater lay when I put it down to photograph it. It's not truly that puckery.

Another sweater that I'm looking forward to wearing this fall.

Comments