K'done: Mallow Socks

Well. Done for a couple of weeks, now.



Pattern: Mallow, by Wendy D. Johnson
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Kettle Dyed Sock, in Eggplant
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

May's SSP socks, all wrapped up way before month end, but not blogged till now. You see, May was sort of a crazy month for me, and blogging here had to be deprioritized.

Now that I'm back, I'm actually rather hard pressed to remember much about knitting these socks. I am pleased with how they turned out - I think lace and dark yarns make a nice match, and I like the big diamond motif running up the foot, flanked by the smaller, circular motif. Used Judy Becker's Cast On at the toe, then Jeny Staiman's stretchy bind off for the cuff. The ribbing is k2 p1 ribbing, because 66 sts around doesn't divide into 4, and I didn't want k1 p1 ribbing.



Another pair for the drawer, another SSP month done.

Comments