K'done: Rainy Day Socks

Kindly ignore the date on the calendar. These are indeed the SSP's March socks.



Pattern: Rainy Day Socks, by Yuliya Sullivan
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal, in Royalty
Needles: 2.25 mm / US 1

A fairly straightforward, easy-to memorize lace pattern and picot edging jazz up otherwise plain ribbed socks. The pattern actually calls for sport weight yarn, so I had to adjust to accommodate fingering weight yarn and gauge, but it was a very easy tweak - all I did was add a plain knit stitch to each side of the pattern repeat, giving me wider knit ribs between the lace panels. That's all. Throw in purled gussets worked in the round, and there you have it.



Given that I only have the first two inches of the first sock of April's SSP socks, I don't think they'll be done in time either. Maybe I'll get caught up in May.

Comments