K'done: Asymmetrical Cabled Cardi

Er, finished a while ago, but knitblogging was put on hold to prioritize some work stuff.

 

Pattern: Asymmetrical Cabled Cardi, by Yahaira Ferreira Yarn: KnitPicks City Tweed HW, in Cottontail (3.5 skeins) Needles: 5.5 mm / US 9 This was a fun quick knit - I was done in a week! The joys of cap sleeves. I made a few modifications to the pattern - rather than ribbing at the hems, I used the ridge pattern from the collar. This required some adjusting of stitch counts at cast on - I started with eight fewer stitches for each cable panel, then increased them back in after finishing the bottom hem. I probably could have knit more on the sleeve cap hems, but I changed the way these were knit - instead of knitting them in the round, I knit them flat, later attaching the side edges to where the body stitches were bound off for the sleeves at the underarms, and I was worried about having more sleeve cap than would fit in that gap. I also bound off then picked up again for the collar, only knit two inches of collar, and put in eyelet button holes on both sides so that I could use cufflinks to close the sweater instead of sewing on buttons. Someone Else has an impressive collection of cufflinks that I can borrow.

 

Should make for a good work-appropriate layering piece, right? And now my sister wants one.

Comments