Woot - oh, wait

I just bought the pattern for Hannah Fettig's Wispy Cardi.

This sweater has been on my mind for about two months now. I have some Scarlet Fleece Silk & Ivory that I want to use to make it. Yes, I realize it's the wrong weight, so I'll end up with a more substantial sweater than the designer intends. I still think it is a good plan. I'm not so much into the gauzy for-looks-only sorts of layers. I'm a functional layerer. This is a good plan.

Now, though, I want to start. Right. Now.

Problem - I have a bazillion things on the go right now.

I'm working on a sweater for my sister. I have the second of a pair of socks that is probably about an hour and a half or so away from being totally done. I also need to make a scarf for my sister - her birthday gift was a skein of Fleece Artist Sea Wool with the understanding that it would become a scarf of her choosing. I think she is eager to receive her scarf.

Still, summer is right around the bend. Scarves are hardly appropriate.

A cardi for me? Totally appropriate.

I will have to finish her sweater first though. I need a 4 mm circular needle, and both of mine are being used for her sweater right now. I really don't think she'll understand if I slap hers onto waste yarn so that I can cast on for mine.

Comments