Falling down

Into a great big pile of luscious yarn. Eat.Sleep.Knit had a bit of a sale on in March, and I have a tough time resisting the siren call of new yarns when there are great big sale signs dancing around them. So I gave in to temptation and ordered some Scarlet Fleece Silk & Ivory. I picked up 4 skeins each in Professor Plum and Claret for me, and my sister wanted something done up in Favourite Jeans, so I grabbed 4 skeins of that too. My order arrived today. This is the first encounter I've had with this yarn, and though I've yet to knit it, or even wind it into balls, I'm very very happy with my purchases. When I reached into the box to pull the yarn out, the moment my fingers touched the yarn, an involuntary sound escaped my lips. I lack the words to describe the sound - it was a weird phonetic burble of happiness.



 The yarn is soft, with a beautiful subdued sheen to it, and the colours are amazing.



 At the time of placing the order, I was worried I was overdoing it.

 

Now, I sort of wish I had gone to town and bought more. Ah well. Perhaps there will be another sale down the road that I can use to rationalize further yarn acquisition.

Comments